1.02.2012

It's A Girl!!

Christmas Morning
We had a sonogram the Wednesday before Christmas weekend. I asked her to write the gender on a card so we could open it Christmas morning with our little family of 3! Blake and I were CONVINCED it was another boy. We probably could have even named him the next day. We love the boy world of Parke and just enjoy him so much it was hard to fathom a little pink world! I wish the picture above was Blake and I's face when we opened the envelope! We were in pure shock-joyous shock! We were giddy and couldn't believe it. We asked Parke if it was a boy or a girl and his answer was "girl" before we opened the envelope! I have to say though- he will repeat whatever the last word of your sentence is so since it was girl we had a pretty fair shot of him being correct. We also had the sonographer write it on a second envelope and hid it in the Shipley's house. We text them Christmas morning to tell them where to find it....they didn't rise as early as we did so it was a couple hours later! We repackaged our card and had my parents open one as well. It was a fun morning of surprises.

My mom had bought presents for a boy or girl. We got to open the girl package! We are still hoping whatever sono. we have next says the same thing but for now, we are believing this baby is a little girl. We are scrolling through girl names with most of them ending with a resounding "no". Thankfully we have months to decide! We are thrilled and think Parke will be a perfect big brother to this little one. I need to upload pic's from Christmas to tell you a little story that was so sweet about him being a big cousin to his new baby Emma (my new and only neice).

We are thrilled and will be praying for this sweet girl. I can't even imagine what she will look like since Parke came out the spitting image of Blake. Maybe, just maybe I have a chance. We'll see.

Hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas. I'll upload pic's soon to share our Christmas joy with everyone. Oh and if you have names...send them our way!

2 comments:

Allison said...

How exciting Erin--Congratulations. What a fun way to find out and share the news with your family. I know Parke will be such a great big brother too. I am so happy for you and your growing family. I bet this sweet little girl will come out looking like a spitting image of her mama!! Happy 2012!

Allison said...

YAY!!! Thats so awesome!!! Girls are so much fun!