11.22.2011

A little recap in the making...

It's been a while since I have sat down to blog about our life happenings! I'm trying to remember the order of events over the last month...or months I should say. What did I even blog about last, no idea. So here it goes.

I think the first thing to blog about (in order) would be to tell everyone we are pregnant. Crazy, awsm surprise! Everyone knows our story and I really did let go of any and all ideas of how many children we would have, how far a part and what genders when the Lord worked on my heart during infertility. I wanted to believe we could be surprised some day but also thought we might just go through the same song and dance again. I was ready or should I say praying I would be willing to walk whatever road again. But much to our joy and surprise I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I had been wondering b/c a) our walks around the block had become quite tiring b) 30 day shred seemed as though I had an extra 20lbs to shred and I just had this feeling that before I fully enjoyed the fall selection of pumpkin ale I should take a little test...We were shocked. It was awsm. We went to the doctor and had several blood tests and everything is great. We are currently 14 weeks pregnant, due May 20 (one day after Parke's bday). We are going to find out the gender this time. I think I want to wait and Blake wants to know so we'll go with the finding out for a change around here. I was also a lot more sick with this baby. Well, a lot might be an overstatement seeing as though I never actually threw up. I dry heaved  A LOT though. It would start in the morning and end at night. Parke got to where he could imitate me quite well. I took naps with this baby too which I did not do with Parke. I started to feel the baby here and there around 11 weeks. I still don't feel the baby often and wish I did but I'm thankful for the times I do.

Amazing Miracle. Hello little one.
And here I am 14 weeks pregnant. Yes, some may say I look 20 weeks pregnant. You're right.



Second on the agenda would be Blake and I turning 30! Whoever thought we would be this old. We had a great celebration with our closest friends at Blake's favorite restaurant and then spent the night at a great hotel and did NOTHING! I didn't make the bed, I didn't clean up after anyone, I didn't get out of bed or even drive anywhere...nothing! It was perfect. We may have ordered just one more Sunday Sack Ice Cream treat at the end of the night and maybe 2 girls finished it off...me being one of them. Hey, only 30 once gotta live big. Ha. I'm not sure who has the entire group shot but I only have this one. Sweet friends.


I think a trip to Beaver's Bend would be our next big thing. It was so fun. Our entire community group including 8 adults and 6.5 kids stayed in a cabin for a weekend. The kids did great and so did the adults! We cooked dinner, played outside, made fires inside and out of the cabin and had great convo's. I was super tired by Saturday night but well worth it! Parke was exhausted too, he slept the entire 3.5 hours home that Sunday afternoon. I think we agreed we want to make it something we do every year. We just don't really get the chance for all of us to be together with all the kids unless it's a bday party. The weather turned out perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better time. Here are a few pic's from that w/end.

Parke made a tiny little hill a "slide" and would say weee as he went down.






And by the looks of those pictures you will see my little baby is growing up. He is now a big boy. He still loves to cuddle and read books but is also gaining his independence. I pray he does and gains confidence a long the way. Most days he still follows me around everywhere and we are little buddies all day long. I love his laugh, how "momma" has turned into "mommy", his toddler waddle, the way he says bye bye especially to his blanket/paci, the way he requests a story at breakfast and folds his hands to pray before a meal. He will try to repeat almost any word you ask him to. He says hi and bye to people in the grocery store and sometimes if he thinks no one is paying attention to him (b/c we are all here for him) he will say HIII...very loudly! Cracks me up. He chases his dad around the house and the other day tried to figure out how to do a push up just like daddy too. He calls macaroni "Roni" and still loves frozen blueberries. I make us a fruit/milk/protein shake a lot of days and put it in a special coffee mug for him. He thinks he is big stuff with that. He will also come running for his vitamins. He is such a joy and I plan to soak up these next 6mo. of it just being me and Parke before his little bro/sister happily join us. Here are some more pic's of my big boy!





That's all folks. My bed is calling my name. Until next month...or months....See ya.

3 comments:

Jessibee08 said...

yay! what a treat. :) love your blog and Banner came running from the living room saying "baby Parke!!!!!" i think she likes him :) love you all and of course celebrating all these joys of life with you all. xo

Allison said...

SO exciting that Parke will be a big brother! Congrats guys!

sara said...

Love to hear what Parke is up to day in and day out. Since I don't get to live in your house with you =) He is such a special little boy. Love you lots and appreciate the way you live in each moment so well.