6.08.2011

Blair's Enchilada's

We had these enchilada's at a friends house one time. I have to tell you, I have almost never liked home cooked enchilada's. People know how to mess them up big time in my opinion. Plus, most are beef with red sauce if made at home..just not a big fan and if you know me...well, you know I love mexican food!

These babies are delicious and I have loved them both times I've had them. Here is the recipe. Also, Blair is a little like me in that there were a few "maybe's" in her recipe so I'll try and give a little more detail...but not much!

Ingredients:

1 block cream cheese
1 can green chili enchilada sauce (I used about 8oz of green tomatillo sauce from Target)
1 bunch cilantro (maybe not that much...about half for us)
Handful of flat leaf parsley (never have I found this in a grocery store so it is often skipped)
1/2 lime squeezed (mine was bad so this didn't happen either)
2 small garlic cloves...(yep, not that much garlic for us)
*** place all of the above ingredients in a food processor and blend/pulse)

About 2 cups shredded chicken (2 chicken breasts for us)
12 tortilla's (we used spinach tortilla's)
1-2 bags "white" cheese (we used 1 bag monterey jack)

Combine Shredded chicken and a little sauce to wet the chicken.
Put chicken mixture in tortillas with cheese and roll up
Place in baking dish (I did spray mine down)
Pour remaining sauce (you should have a lot) and cheese on top
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Take foil off and bake for 5 more minutes

Fantastic! Really. Blake said they are kind of close to Chuy's tomatillo sauce in taste so I consider that fantastic.

No comments: