6.13.2011

7 Years of Marriage: Day 1

Blake and I get to celebrate 7 years of marriage this coming weekend! 7 years! We plan to spend some time together doing a few of our favorite things. I thought maybe I would look back on our last 7 years each day this week on this blog. We have known each other for 11 years. Crazy! We will mainly look back at pictures and if I have time, I'll add a little story or something to go along with it. So here's to 11 years of knowing you babe!

Do you know our story? Well, it's a good one! Full of drama at times too. We met one another freshman year of college. We were friends, sort of. We were friends through a mutual friend who so happened to be my "best friend". We never, ever, thought of dating each other. Blake's girlfriend stayed with me and my lifelong friend Jennifer (and roommate) when she would come to see him! Yes, that's kind of weird. So are some other stories that I won't write out here!

Here is a pic of the KJK social that brought us together. Doesn't it look like it was a blast!! Well, it wasn't for anyone else but us. At good ole' ACU a social is a meal together with no dancing, no drinking, and sometimes no fun! ha...No really, everyone complained about this social but Blake and I had so much fun and I think that's when we began to see each other in a different light. Not b/c we were so cute in our denim, boot cut jeans, and button down shirts! Oh my...BTW: who thought to pose the picture in front of books and a lamp from 50yrs ago. And not to forget the saddle, that's on a step ladder maybe? Oh, oh and I just saw the 2 Christmas presents laid on the chair on the left...I guess this was our Christmas Social. Hilarious.


And here is proof that I knew what the Shipley house looked like 11 years ago. This makes me laugh b/c how quickly all of our taste's change. Who's mom didn't have plaid wallpaper and fruit everywhere? Mine sure did as well! It's so "homey" and "inviting"! Go ahead, make fun of something in my house too like my golden walls or our awsm pink porcelain tile that makes going to the bathroom a joy every day!


Day 1 flashback complete. Love you Blake.

2 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Cute post!!

Kellee said...

i remember that social! yes, it was the christmas social and i too remember everyone complaining about it! remember, it was a cook-off and supposedly there were going to be prizes for the winners?!? well, i made this raspberry pie (twice because the first one was a fail) and it won...but no prizes to be had! oh well!! and yes, gotta love the outfits!!