6.15.2011

7 Years: Day 3

Two different people become 1 in marriage right? Well, is there anything you are deathly afraid of? Like, it makes your palms sweat, your heart very anxious and maybe even make you wish you were anywhere but there. Maybe it even makes you think you might die and makes you pray a lot during the event..I do. One of them is skiing. Did you know that about me? I'm sure some could have guessed since the sun is one of my love languages and well, I'm not exactly known to do anything athletic.

Like I said, the sun is one of my love languages. So, when Blake and I were dating I knew this meant serious business. I think I've written about this before but his all time FAVORITE thing to do is ski. Yep-Crap! So, in the beginning I said multiple times "are you sure you want to marry someone who doesn't ski?" He might have thought I wasn't serious in the question but I was dead serious. I knew it could be a deal breaker and I really needed him to think about it. So he did, and we have gone skiing twice! Twice! Just ask him if I'm a nervous wreck, or if I pray all the way up the ski lift, or if one time down the mountain is enough to last a lifetime for me.

obviously I'm taking the picture here

We recently were able to go to the beach though and apparently I am a totally different person when I'm around the ocean so I think Blake knows I meant business when I said I don't love the snow. I wonder if Blake remembers skiing like I remember the ocean? I wonder if it made his year, if it was a favorite vacation? I wonder if there is a smell to the snow like there is a wonderful smell to the ocean? I wonder if being cold to him is like every fiber in me being warm on the sand, water and under the sun. I know his heart was incredibly happy and mine was too at the ocean! The Lord knew these things before he brought us together. We are sometimes, completely different, like snow and sun. Most of the time we can be pretty similar. I'm thankful for both. So how do we keep becoming "one" without losing the "me" in one another. It's a fine balance, one we will continually work on I know. Here we are at the ocean...


 




No comments: