11.23.2010

Monday Dinner

Remember last week when I said my battery was dead in my camera...it still is! Thankfully my phone has a little camera.

So what was for dinner? Chili. I know everyone knows how to make chili but here is the recipe I follow below:

Beef and Black Bean Chili


1/4 cup olive oil
2lbs beef cut into 1/2 inch cubes (tenderize)
1 lg red onion,  diced
4 cloves garlic ( I use 1 TBSP minced)
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp chipotle chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 bottle of dark beer
5 cups homeade chicken stock ( I feel like this may be a little too much)
1 16oz. can chopped tomatoes, drained
1 Tbsp honey (I don't measure I just pour)
2 cups Black Beans
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 sm can green chile's
Dollop of sour cream
Avocado
Cilantro

Heat oil in large dutch oven over high heat. Season the beef with salt/pepper and saute until browned on all sides. Drain fat from pan when done. Add the onions to the pan and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chili powder and chipotle powder, cumin and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add the beer and cook until completely reduced. Add chicken stock, tomatoes and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes. Add the beans and continue cooking for 45 minutes.

Serve and enjoy. I put sour cream and avocado and cilantro on top of mine. Blake just adds cheese. It is a great recipe! We will have leftovers tonight.

No comments: