11.19.2010

Happy Half Birthday

We sang "Happy Half Birthday" as we went in to get Parke this morning. I can NOT believe it. Every parent will tell you that time flies by and it does. I have loved it!

So at 6 months we are learning new things all the time. We introduced solids a few weeks ago. We started with avacado and have tried acorn squash, butternut squash and peas. He eats better off my finger than a spoon right now. I think he likes peas and butternut squash the best. I have to work on the consistency of peas, they are stubborn little ones. Parke also reaches for things he wants. Sometimes it's people, outside, toys etc. He has also transitioned in his nap times to shorter periods of time. At first I kind of freaked out but I have decided it is best for our family to go with the flow and it has given me great peace to do that. We are working on sitting but he has not mastered that one! He talks more now. He mimics the word "mama" and I say mimic b/c I know it can't be his first word yet right?! He babbles while playing and at the end of a play period when he is signaling he is tired. He now sleeps on his stomach all the time or on his side with his hands clasped together. Sometimes he likes a paci sometimes he doesn't.

It's been a good day. I feel like on days when my heart knows he is growing up the Lord gives me the sweet moments of just getting to hold him. He has had a little harder time going down today for naps and so I've just taken the time to hold him and sing to him to help him settle down. Instead of being bothered by the "interruption" or the fact that today is different I decided to just hold him....it only lasts a while!

I do feel like I need a little roadmap for the next 6mo. Working on sleep feels easy compared to what the next 6 mo hold: what foods do I give him, what skills do we work on, what sippy cup to use and what to put in it, etc...thankful for the friends around me :)

I'm so very blessed. I thank God daily for the gift of our little boy. Happy Half Birthday Parke, we love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 months Parke! You bring joy to all of us and make us "melt" with just a little smile or babble.
God has blessed you with the best Mommy and Daddy ever! So thankful that you get to be nurtured in a spirit filled, peaceful home!
Love you sweet P! Your BB

Anonymous said...

Precious pic! Can't believe he is already 6months old! I NEED to get down there and see you guys. XOXO! Love ya, Jennifer

Lindsey Davis said...

Wow, you have been blogging so much, I just love it. The pictures are fantastic :) Happy half, Parke.

Kristen said...

Happy Half Birthday sweet Parke. You are such a great mommy! You will do great the next 6 months...don't worry! Shoot me another email if you have questions since we are in the same stage with our little babies.
We did organic green bean (in can) & then blended. I steamed apples to mix with it & Micah LOVES it. I know it sounds gross, but green beans are pretty gross with out salt & all the stuff we add to it as adults. So I added a little sweet. We haven't tried acorn squash yet. We are trying sweet potatoes today.