5.08.2011

Mother's Day

Grateful. Incredibly, overwhelmingly grateful. First, I am grateful the Lord even chose to give life to each of us this way. Through the life of another person- a mother. Today might bring a few different emotions and thoughts. I put the picture of me and my mom first because it is through her I learned to be a mother, first celebrated mothers day, and still learn from today as I grow into motherhood. She was intentional with us, sang songs over us that still pop out of my mouth today without knowing where in the world they came from, prayed us through all situations and made life fun. She is patient, incredibly giving of herself and time and thoughtful...very thoughtful. Thank you Lord for first being gracious enough to give me a mother I can trust and learn from.

Second, I don't know if I'll ever have a mother's day without remembering the little one in the above picture. My first mother's day I was pregnant. I think about 5 weeks pregnant. The WM news was about a family who had a miscarriage and I remember my dad saying he thought "uh oh, please no". It's those little moments in life, you learn to recognize the Holy Spirit, right? So we didn't know our little one here on earth but he/she gave me my first mother's day. We then planted a tree to always remember and it was such a memorable and healing moment to have my hands in dirt which was life giving to this tree. Thank you Lord for that experience which strengthened my faith and taught me to rest in you.

Last year, I was about to pop. Thanks to all of you that told me I was "so cute" every day at work! I mean really...I was so puffy you could have popped me with a pin (note, go to dr. when this happens)! I had my mom take this picture with me above having no idea I would learn so much from the hands around my belly! My crooked belly- Parke was situated so oddly! I loved being pregnant. Thank you Lord for a pregnancy that held that sweet baby and made it to deliver him here on earth! Yay...we met our baby boy.

Today, what joy is in my heart! Listening to his sweet voice as I type this. He just woke up and is talking in his crib before I go to get him. My heart is so incredibly full. I know every parent has the same feeling when you want to put on paper how you feel and their simply are not words to do you justice. Yes, days can be difficult, lonely, and oh so tiring but I wouldn't trade it for the world. To be given the privilege to be this boy's momma is one I hold so dearly and hope to never take for granted. I count His mercies, and the blessings given to us through Parke all the time. May I be a mom, through the strength and grace and love from my Heavenly Father to point you towards Christ in all things Parke. I love you dearly little one, and am so incredibly grateful to remember the blessing I have been given.

1 comment:

Kellee said...

you look just like your mom and parke looks so much like you in that picture! great seeing you guys yesterday and i hope you had a great mother's day. parke is so blessed to have you as his momma!