11.16.2010

Monday Dinner

DSC_0868.JPG.jpg




I was thinking it might be fun to post what we have for dinner on Monday nights. It's not a special night but I'm always looking for recipes and love to learn about new ideas. So why not Monday night dinners? Just good, easy, family friendly recipes. You know me, nothing fancy! 
So I printed this recipe out a while back. It's from my friends from college and I even stole their picture for this post (sorry friends but thank you). I had my camera out only to find out the battery was out. I do not have the energy today to go through charging a battery all for a picture of food...so here you go. This makes a lot of food. We had 2 ppl over for dinner and have left overs today. 

Crockpot Picante Chicken

frozen chicken (about a pound)...(I don't buy frzn chicken so you can use what you have, I use 4 breasts)
big jar of picante
packet of ranch seasoning
pepper
seasoned salt
jalepeno juice  ( I use green chiles instead)
corn tortillas
sour cream
cheese (your fav kind)

put all ingredients together (except tortillas, sour cream and cheese) in the crockpot and cook on low for about 5 hours. shred the chicken and leave the chicken in there shredded for about an hour and then you can eat it like a soup with sour cream and cheese or put it in tortillas and make tacos. pretty easy and pretty good.

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

I think your mom sent me this. I emailed her one yesterday that is SO, SO good. It's called a Chicken Enchillada Ring. You'll have to ask her for it.